World Vision BiH – People and Culture (HR) Manager
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide guidance (strategic) and technical support by adding value to the World Vision (WV) Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH’s) People and Culture (P&C) Initiatives while at the same time ensuring the implementation of P&C strategies, procedures and policies in accordance with the WV Partnership P&C standards, as those are cascaded by WV Global Center (GC) P&C and Middle East and Eastern Europe Regional Office (MEERO). Support the Country Program Director to implement WV Bosnia’s strategy by undertaking all P&C tasks/functions including recruitment, employment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, staff care, employee engagement, HR information system management. Act as a contact point person and coordinate legal matters affecting the organization to ensure compliance to various statutory requirement
P&C Policies, systems and procedures
- Support in standardization of policies and ensure alignment with country office local law regulations through contextualization, annual review of P&C related policies, procedures, forms, systems through consultancy with Country Program Director, Regional P&C Department and where appropriate local legal advisor;
- Ensure proper and regular awareness raising of all country level staff on available P&C policies, systems and procedures and any changes and updates;
- Provide advice and necessary support and coaching to the managers and staff in relation to the P&C policies, procedures and systems;
- Monitor the implementation of all policies and ensure that any breach or inconsistency is reported and followed up on;
- Support the Country Program Director in development and revision of support systems and mechanisms for smooth implementation of P&C activities at country level;
- Maintain and keep staffing lists for all categories of workforce (employees, service, casual, volunteers, interns, etc) and any staff related necessary information for rapid access and use;
- In collaboration with the local management team and Country Program Director, carry out the local workforce planning process as per the overall workforce planning timelines and guidelines;
- Coordinate the country office local recruitment by providing end-to-end process support to hiring managers to fill the vacancies in a timely manner;
- Ensure that all recruitment and contracting steps are followed per the organizational requirements and standards and local laws and in consideration of the emerging and innovative recruiting trends;
- Manage the local level orientation and induction process and ensure all new hires are adequately oriented as well as all staff receive regular re-orientation sessions;
- Manage the local exit processes per the organizational requirements and local laws;
- Provide regular staffing updates to the Country Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Country Program Director, including any challenges linked with the recruitment or separation;
- Provide assistance in arranging and conducting different kinds of P&C learning events, trainings, workshops, and/or team building activities;
- Administer and manage payroll and all related tasks including but not limited to:
- Maintain personnel files accurate, updated and confidential at all times
- Maintaining and processing local employee’s enrollment and cancellations from EPF and Medical Insurance plans
- Acting as liaison between employee and insurance provider in resolving benefits related program issues and ensure effective utilization of the plan
- Provide necessary advise and support to staff on leave utilization for different types of leaves and time sheets;
- Build awareness to staff on employee relations protocol, policies and procedures and ensure the same is understood and used appropriately on need basis
- Report (when appropriate) ER cases as per the reporting protocols and lead investigations and reviews as needed
- Handle staff grievances and disciplinary action processes in consultation with the Regional P&C Director and line managers following BiH’s Labour Law, and WVV’s P&C policies and principles.
Partnering for Performance
- Provide ongoing support to line managers to implement the Partnering for Performance
- Equip line managers with relevant skills to inspire high performance, support career development and address poor performance in a timely and professional manner.
- Support, advise and coach the managers and staff on addressing poor performance and rewarding high performance;
- Facilitate staffing changes including job rotation, local secondment, promotion, stretching assignments, job enrichment, etc. in close cooperation and consultation with line managers and relevant parties, which enables staff professional growth and career development.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent conversations and other method as appropriate. Be courageous in providing coaching or feedback for continuous performance improvement
Talent Management & Learning and Development
- Lead the Talent Management module implementation and ensure though guidance and support that the system is in full functional mode to meet the business needs of WV BiH Office
- Provide coaching/ support and tools to line managers to conduct talent review, identify second liners for key roles, develop/ update their talent profiles, conduct career conversations and facilitate their career development.
- Use all available resources (in house trainers, WVI regional office’s programs, WVI online learning, consultancy, Core Competencies etc.) as well as a blended learning approach including Webinar, simulation, coaching, mentoring, etc. to support the development of leaders and potential successors.
Staff Care, Staff well-being
- Develop staff well-being plans. Ensure the staff-care guides and engagement & org well-being framework are appropriately applied
- Identify the staff care needs through regular meetings with the staff at head office and field offices;
- Advise the Program Director of potential problem areas in relation to the staff well-being and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate;
- Provide staff care support when needed;
- In collaboration with line managers, create and maintain a conducive working environment where staff enjoy wellbeing as well as are highly motivated to make valuable contribution to the organization.
- In consultation with Program Director, facilitate follow up actions of Our Voice Survey (staff engagement survey) to improve staff and organizational well-being. Support the implementation of the action plan in cooperation with assigned parties responsible for OV Action points.
Manage the Internal HRIS system (Workday)
- Administration, management, and update of WV Internal HRIS system.
- Support in training the managers and staff in utilization of HRIS Internal system and recruitment module and ensure all new hires receive adequate orientation on this system.
- Manage the Workday Recruitment Module and ensure 100% utilization of Recruitment for all local recruitments;
- Reflect the employees changes in the Workday system;
- Maintain, update and process WV BiH changes and separations from Workday system;
- Extract, analyze and present data reports and other quantitative information;
- Support WV BiH SLT to develop and implement the National Office Risk Management Strategies
- Support the Organizational Compliance process in coordination with MEERO and Global Centre Compliance for adherence to corporate responsibilities.
- Be familiar with audit requirements for P&C and act in a way that audit risks are at minimum
- Be familiar with WV security plan and follow security policies, rules, procedures and instructions
- Represent WV in an appropriate and professional manner with other NGOs and branches of the Government bodies
- Part of WV BiH Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Be familiar with WV policies and standards related to P&C for crises management and act according to those in case of crises including direct and indirect staff care plan preparation, communication and implementation.
- Adhere to WV Adult Safeguarding policy and standards and stay committed to WV vision statement and core values;
- Attend and participate in different organizational events.
- Contribute to a healthy team spirit and team work
- Maintain relationships with other HR practitioners, both within WV partnership and outside of World Vision
- Perform other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor;
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources with medium business/medium NGO/government agency out of which, minimum of 3 years in a senior (not necessarily supervisory) HR related role;
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure, being self-motivated and detail-oriented;
- Good communications skills;
- Thorough working knowledge of office systems. Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with colleagues,
- Emotional maturity and ability to deal with matters of strict confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent knowledge of local labor law and related legislation;
- Experience in dealing with Legal and Governance related issues within the organization.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- University degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Legal Social Sciences, Psychology or a related field;
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Professional certification in HR in locally or internationally recognized HR institutions is a plus;
- Quick learner, agile, flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and work with little supervision under the virtual working relationships;
- Ability to contribute to the healthy team spirit within the virtual teams;
- Experience of work in an INGO setting and past exposure with the international working culture and practices is a huge advantage;
Travel and language requirements
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically to 30% of the time.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written; Native in local language
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 30.01.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 01.03.2023.)