Catholic Relief Services CRS – Project Assistant
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient project administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the project team and CP office in implementing ICT4D initiatives including piloting new IT tools for MEAL, maintaining project files and preparing reports.
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments/teams and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests), travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes.
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for project staff. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support in coordinating activities in the field, including maintaining contacts with stakeholders and event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Support the preparation of tendering documentation and contract documents for the procurement of goods and services.
Required Languages – English
Travel – 40-50 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Project Manager, Sr. Project Officer, Project Officer, Program Manager II, Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, Procurement Assistant, Sr. MEAL Officer
External: PREPS II partner staff, Project vendors and suppliers, project participants, municipal and local government officials
High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree business/administration a plus.One year experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.Additional education may substitute for some experience.Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)