Research Expert, Bosnia and Herzegovina
EnCompass LLC seeks candidates for in-country Research Experts for an anticipated 1-year evaluation of USG-funded anti-corruption capacity building efforts in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) and North Macedonia. Research Expert responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, virtual and in-person (as feasible) data collection in BiH or North Macedonia, management of field logistics for data collection, support to data collection instrument design, and participation in data analysis and interpretation as required. The position will be part-time and based in BiH OR North Macedonia. Local Experts encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and prepare for qualitative data collection under the guidance of Team Lead
- Arrange all logistics for data collection
- Schedule and confirm interviews (complete pre-calls)
- Provide input to data collection instruments, field guide, and other data collection related materials and processes to fit local context
- Conduct qualitative data collection that may include interviews, focus group discussions, and other methods
- Collect and manage data files according to EnCompass policy
- Participate in the analysis and interpretation of qualitative data as needed
- Participate in all EnCompass trainings related to data collection and follow all EnCompass policies and approaches to evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher relevant to public policy, criminal justice, international development, social science, or another related field
Preferred Experience and Skills
- At least five years of experience in conducting field research including conducting interviews and applying other qualitative data collection methods
- Demonstrated experience conducting data collection and supporting evaluations related to USG-funded programming
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of anti-corruption, law enforcement, or rule of law in relevant country, including familiarity with the legal framework, human rights, socio-political issues, and government processes/mechanisms related to anti-corruption efforts in relevant country.
- Highest ethical standards conducting evaluations
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs and common virtual calling platforms (such as Zoom and Signal)
- Fluency in English required
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement , Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned, consulting firm working in International Development, and offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 200 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe. We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security. Founded in 1999, EnCompass began as a virtual organization supporting clients and implementing work through a network of staff and expert consultants. Today, we have more than 110 full-time staff and a Global Consulting Network, our vetted database of specialists, through which we engage, on average, 200 consultants each year. In early 2017, EnCompass opened its first international office in Addis Ababa for Transform: a Primary Health Care project. In 2019, we set up our second in-country office in Lima, Peru. In 2020, we added our second in-country offices, in Kyiv, Ukraine, and in 2021 we added our third and fourth in-country offices, in Beirut, Lebanon, and in Amman, Jordan. We maintain a full-time staff presence in Benin, Ethiopia, Germany, Great Britain, Peru, and Uganda.